Thursday, October 26, 2023

Today's Old WW 123 Success Program Menu and my Branson Bush and Bible Verse

 We have been having nice weather here in the Midwest, but is going to change and get cold starting tomorrow.  I have most of my mums planted, but still have three more to go.  It is raining today, so probably won't get those done .   We have to cover our "Branson Bush" as we call it.  Years ago we got a Crepe Myrtle Bush in Branson Mo and since we are in the wrong zone for those, we have to put it to bed for winter.  We use insulation with sacks over that and then finish up putting a large tub over it.  This has been several years ago;  so far, it has come up in the Spring.  

Today's Menu:

Veggie chicken patty

bun

Assorted air fried veggies - turnips, mushrooms, and peppers dipped in homemade sugar free catsup

Homemade blackberry ice cream protein powder and blackberries that we picked this summer. 

homemade cherry tart

I was really hungry today, but am stuffed right now.  

Bible verse for today:

Your statutes stand firm; holiness adorns your house for endless days, O Lord.


Thoughts on Today's Verse...

So many of the material things we pursue are temporary. Their usefulness lasts only months, or at most, only a few short years. Even our lives, and the lives of those we love, are short. The defining quality of God's character, holiness,* is forever — "for endless days." So as we build our lives, let's construct them on a secure foundation, the will of God and a commitment to share in his holiness by living to honor him.



* As the seraphim in Isaiah's vision cried out, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty...!" (Isaiah 6:1-4).

My Prayer...

Holy God, thank you for making me holy and forgiving my sin by your grace (Romans 5:6-11Colossians 1:22-23). Please fill me with your Spirit and bring forth the Spirit's fruit in my life so that I reflect your grace and holy character. Please give me a hunger to know your will as I seek your truth and apply it to my life. I want to build my life with you at its center, with your holiness as my goal. In Jesus' precious name, I pray. Amen.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment