Friday, January 4, 2019

Ten Pounds Lost Since I Started my OMAD Weight Loss Diet Plan

Actually OMAD (one meal a day diet) is really working for me.  I am down 10 pounds since I restarted this plan on Tuesday (Jan 1).  I am getting rid of the holidays weight gain.  I know a lot of my weight loss is from water retention due to too  much salt and sugar; but, hey, I will take it.

This is a wonderful time of year to get on this plan for me as I am looking forward to Spring and wearing all of my Spring clothes.  That is a great motivator for me   I have  approximately 15 pounds to get to my goal and should be able to get there in a few weeks.  I am in no hurry, just keeping on plan and I know it will happen.

I am eating what I want only just eating one time a day within my calorie range.  This is the joy of eating this way.  I don't have to limit any food just so I count it in my calorie limit.  A lot of people on this way of eating don't count calories; but; for me, I need to do that to keep me on track.  Everybody is different, so whatever works for each individual is the way to go.  I try to eat a variety of meat, fruit, veggies, dairy and fats.  I don't restrict carbs as some do, but really enjoy them. 

I am drinking lots of water and getting exercise.

Yesterday's menu:
Hearty chilli with ground beef and beans
Rice
Green Beans
Cornmeal dill muffin
Cherry Pizza

All of these recipes are from my collection of Joanna Lund's cookbooks.  The cherry pizza is made from cherries and homemade sugar free pie filling.  Very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment