Friday, June 24, 2022

Low Calorie Recipe that I Made This Morning - so Yummy - Oatmeal Muffins with Variations

 Made this recipe this morning that I found on the internet - Oatmeal muffins.

Grind together:  1/2 cup oats, pinch sea salt, 1 t baking powder, cinnamon to taste (I did this in a small processor, but you can use a coffee grinder.) 

Mix together:  1 T Greek yogurt, 1 T sugar free pancake syrup, 1 T sugar free flavored syrup such as Skinny Syrup, 1 egg, 1/4 cup egg whites

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Mix.  Spray 4 muffin tins and place 1/4 cup batter in each.  (I made 3 large ones)

Can top with 2 t chopped walnuts or 2 t sugar free chocolate chips.  Next time I make them, I am going to mix granular sweetener and cinnamon for a streusel topping.   

Bake 400 deg. for 5 min. Then reduce oven temp to 350 and bake an additional 5-6 minutes or until done.

Since I made 3 muffins, each of mine figured out to be around 100 calories each and then I divided 1 T margarine between the 3 for an extra 35 calories.       

Some day, I will try to make chocolate ones with a little cocoa powder and the choc chips mixed in the batter.  Sounds yummy to me.  I may leave the sweeteners out and use for a bread, too for something different.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment