Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Black Bean Quiona Burgers

This is my own recipe that I used for some delicious bean quinoa burgers.

First, I already had approx. 1-1/2 cups quinoa  cooked so I used that amount
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c chopped onion
1 t garlic paste since I didn't have fresh
2 beaten eggs
Salsa
pepper
I didn't add any salt because I have to watch sodium
I put in a little homemade taco seasoning - salt free

Put all in food processor and blend well.  Chill in refrigerator until you can form into patties.  Actually,  I didn't want to wait so I put this in a meat loaf pan and baked 350 for 25 minutes.

Cut into 8 servings after cooled a little.  

Approximately 120 calories for 1 serving plus 80 calories if you serve with a lt wheat  bun for a total of 200.  

Great with a little cheese and additional salsa.    

No comments:

Post a Comment