Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Diet - My Own Plan Based on the Old Weight Watchers Plan

Good morning to all.  Today is another cold day here in the Midwest.  Snow is predicted again tomorrow.

My weight loss "diet" plan is going well.  I prefer to call this weight loss and not the d word.

My low calorie sloppy Jo recipe that I made yesterday:

16 oz.  ground turkey
1 c chopped onion
12 oz diet Coke
1/4 c reduced sugar ketchup or sometimes I use salsa

Brown turkey & onion and drain or blot fat off.  Add ketchup and diet coke and simmer 30 - 40 min. or until most of the liquid is absorbed.

Use 1/3 c on light wheat bun.  This time I put it on 2 taco shells and made tacos with lettuce, onion.  Didn't have tomatoes or I would have added those.  Really a yummy meal.  

Served this with 1 cup of cooked veggie

Approx. 200 calories with bun.  Without the bun the meat mixture is around 123 calories for 1/3 cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment