Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Diet Peanut Butter Pie or Dessert

I have made my version of an old Peanut Butter Pie recipe:

Put in mixer bowl:
1 pkg sf instant butterscotch pudding 4 serv size
2/3 c instant dry milk (can use equiv. of skim milk)
1-1/3 cups water (I used a little more to give it a better texture)
1 t peanut butter flavoring
Mix well.

Blend in:  
1/4 c reduced fat peanut butter at room temp
1/4 c Cool Whip Lite 
Spread mixture in a graham cracker crust.  I didn't use this as I wanted to cut calories so I crushed up a packet of Snack Well Cookies in the bottom of my pie pan and then poured the filling over that.
Spread 1/2 c of Cool Whip Lite on top and top with 2 T chopped peanuts (I used only 1T as that seemed enough)  
Chill at least 1 hr 

Cut into 8 pieces

Each serving would be 214 calories but my version is only 136 calories for 1/8th of the pie.

My skinny husband even liked this but he added a touch of his own - little mini marshmallows and a few M and M's.  Oh well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment