Friday, March 11, 2022

My Low Calorie Knockoff Chocolate Breakfast Muffin - 3 Ingredients

 I made a low calorie chocolate muffin which is a knockoff for a major diet muffin.  I ate one portion this morning and it was pretty moist and the flavor was pretty good.  It came to approx. 175 calories, but I added 1 T of sf syrup on the top. Recipe says it should make 12 muffins, so would be less calories per muffin.  Very quick and easy with just 3 ingredients.  If you made 12, calories would be approximately 120 each.  Think the name brand are approx. 180 calories each.

As far as cost these cost me $1. for the cake mix and approx. .75 for the yogurt, so the cost was really great.  The name brand ones cost around $2. each and, in my opinion, these are better.  

1 Box SF chocolate cake mix

1 cup plain Greek yogurt

1 cup water (I didn't add quite this much.  Just added a little at a time).  I made it in a small pan instead of muffin tins this time and divided it into 8 servings

Baked at 350 just until it was done.  Just checked often.  I will probably make this again, but will add just a few sf chocolate chips.  

I am going to try a knockoff cinnamon streusel muffin next time with oats.  


No comments:

Post a Comment